Social Science Tools and Reports
Sea Grant Program Resources
National Ocean Service
National Marine Fisheries Service
Industry Data Sources
Nonmarket Value Resources
- Earth Economics Ecosystem Service Valuation Toolkit
- Ecosystem Valuation
- Environmental Valuation Reference Inventory (EVERI)
- National Ocean Economics Program nonmarket data
- National Low Impact Development Atlas
- Natural Capital Project Integrated Valuation of Environmental Service and Tradeoffs (InVEST) Tool
- Costanza, R. et al. 1997. "The value of the World’s Ecosystem Services and Natural Capital." Nature 387: 253-260.
- Costanza, R. et al. 2006 "The value of New Jersey's Ecosystem Services and Natural Capital." Gund Institute of Ecological Economics.
- Costanza, R. et al. 2008. "The Value of Coastal Wetlands for Hurricane Protection." Ambio Vol. 37, No. 4, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences.
- King, D. and Mazzotta, M. 2000. “Ecosystem valuation.”
- Pendelton, ed. The Economic and Market Value of Coasts and Estuaries: What’s at Stake? Produced by Restore America’s Estuaries.
- Rosenberger, R.S. and Loomis, J.B. 2001. Benefit transfer of outdoor recreation use values: A technical document supporting the Forest Service Strategic Plan (2000 revision).